Magic in the making
The Yoga Teacher Training with a big Difference
TRANSFORM TO ROAR and FIND YOUR OWN VOICE
Practice Teaching Every Day
60 days intensive full immersion 200hrs Yoga Alliance Certified
+ 220hrs Yoga related self-study, practice and preparation time
1st March – 30 April 2020 and 1st July- 30th Aug 2020. We are taking enrollments now. Contact us for early bird discounts
We are a Yoga Alliance Registered School and a YACEP (Continued Education Provider)
Our courses count toward Continued Education requirements for Students,
existing Teachers and School owners (to comply with new YA 2021 500hr registration requirements).
Come and learn something extraordinary.
An Advanced Way of Teaching
The Art of Teaching
A great Yogi, is not necessarily a great teacher. You don’t just need more knowledge or more personal Yoga practice. To be a teacher you need skills and techniques for HOW to teach a class. Then you need to practice. A lot. And learn from your mistakes. And adjust future classes accordingly. Here you have the time, guidance and loving support to do that.
The AYA promise
Teaching Students to become teachers, is an art form altogether different from just doing Yoga or teaching Yoga classes. Here at AYA, we know how to guide students into becoming excellent teachers within two months, because we are Yogis, teachers AND teachers teachers. We know how to allow you to embody The Art of Teaching, and take it home with you, without having to use notes.
Most Teacher Trainings focus on theory
Theory of teaching but no practice, theoretic philosophy, but no life application, theory of adjustments, but no practice, general anatomy, but not practically applied Yoga Anatomy that you will feel with your own body….
Our Teacher Training is different
We focus on learning and immediate daily practice of teaching. Nothing is just theory, everything is practical. You will learn for yourself first, then you will learn HOW to teach what you have learned.
You will practice teaching it EVERY day, receiving continuous personalized feedback and improvement suggestions.
The AYA Promise
Experience and learn to teach an inspiring depth of Yoga that is not readily available in most Yoga classes or Teacher Trainings
Learn to Teach the magical art of Yoga, not just an exercise class
This is not a new Style of Yoga,
but relearning and experiencing what Yoga was always meant to be!
Become confident to teach a simple, logical, yet revolutionary new approach to Yoga, which tweaks traditional postures in sometimes just the slightest magical way, transforming the way your students will experience their bodies; transforming the way you and your students will ever think about Yoga.
Every posture becomes a new revelation through XianYoga
Help your students to explore and understand their Body and Mind, different Yogic techniques, Yoga Philosophy, and leave them inspired. Pass on why Yoga is a wonderful system to a happier more balanced life.
Take your own, and your students’ practice to the next level
The program is designed for you to become a HATHA Yoga teacher, although the principles learned here can be applied to any style of Yoga. This will enable you to teach Hatha Yoga classes, but also teach style independent private, one on one alignment classes, as well as alignment workshops for everyone!
Come and find your own voice!
Join us and become a sharer of this powerful life changing knowledge
for more info on our style of Yoga click here
It is simply an incredible training, designed to allow you to
FIND YOUR OWN VOICE, TRANSFORM and ROAR!
Our Teacher Training
Our students arrive, sometimes unsure of their paths or their yoga practice. They leave shining, confident, full of purpose, direction, love and excitement. Ready and confident to teach.
Through our teaching style and constant personal attention, asana, practical philosophy, an in depth inspirational approach to applied Yoga anatomy, spiritual lectures, private coaching, group work, and jungle style community living and much more, our students learn to understand their Body and Being in a profound and new way. They leave empowered to create the life that they choose and find the community that they need.
And last but not least, of course, to leave here ready and confident to pass on the magic to your own future students.
Besides intelligent anatomy based alignment principles, the main focus of our teachings, is on learning to be fully present during the practice (and life), feeling the body fully during each and every movement, as well as full breath consciousness. Being able to take a full unrestricted breath in every posture and a full conscious journeys into and out of each posture. Technique to never crunch one side to open another, and never feel pain or discomfort – just full physical and energetic openness through excellent alignment and awareness.
Be present. On and off the mat.
A unique opportunity to really dive deep into the world that is YOGA
How do we teach?
How to you become an excellent teacher in such a short time, rather than a note reader?
An Advanced Way of Learning
- At the XianYoga Yoga Teacher Training, you are not learning a pre-written script to get your students through a class of general movement. But through your own extensive understanding, experience and practice, you are going to innately understand Yoga, and know your own words, in your own voice, to tailor your teachings to the needs of your students.
- You’ll have applied knowledge readily available in your head for all classes and students Q&A, rather than leave here with a book full of notes to remember.
- Instead of receiving ready made sequences or templates, you learn how to MAKE them.
- First YOU learn to apply all principles yourself. From that base you learn to teach. You teach from understanding and experience, rather than from notes.
- You are not just going to receve lots of lectures and theoretical knowledge about Postures, Yogic Philosophy and Practices, but you will deeply understand each topic, as during these two months you will live what you teach. Like this you shall talk from experience, not just repeat the words of others.
- You are going to prepare classes and talks on various subjects and practice teaching them.
- You receive continuous personal feedback from Xian and your fellow students, learn how to make changes to your content, voice, presentation etc., and teach again. You learn through lectures and demonstrations, practice and repetition of your own and by listening others.
- You teach classes to other students, who will deliberately do things ‘wrong’ so that you can learn how to adjust, tailor your classes to different levels, give variations, adjustments etc.
- You are going to intrinsically understand how to do a posture, what to avoid, what the purpose of a posture is and what the benefits are. And very importantly, how to adapt it to your own and students’ specific needs, body, ability and level, as well as how to prepare for more challenging postures.
- It’s going to be a lot of work and ‘putting yourself out there’, but it’s going to be a lot of fun too. The most important thing to know is that nobody can make you into a teacher, only YOU can. The more you put into it, the more you will get out of it!
It not about becoming somebody else, but about becoming you, about finding your voice,
becoming your voice and then sharing what you love.
Take your own practice, as well as your future students' Yoga practice, to the next level
Our Promise to You
When you leave here you will:
- Understand the principles behind movement and stretching
- Experience through your own body what it feels like when your body feels absolutely fabulous, when your body is open and your energy channels are open
- Know what it looks/feels like when YOUR STUDENTS bodies’ and energies are open
- Be comfortable and competent with the magic of adjusting your students, to ensure no pain, crunching or discomfort
- Know variations, and be able to develop variations, to relieve your students discomfort in sitting postures and other challenging asanas
- Understand how the body works so completely, so that you can apply those principles to any asana, even those we did not discuss
- By giving you the techniques, tools, experience and practice, for sequencing, you will UNDERSTAND how to develop sequenc for any classes you might like to teach. You will be able to put together your own sequences for different lengths, variations to difficult postures, for varying levels, themes as well as ‘Studio Yoga’. You will also be able to intelligently adjust sequences ‘on the fly’ if necessary.
- You will be able to teach a 10 -15 hour workshop on XianYoga alignment – the first 10 days of our Intensive Immersion (principles behind standing, sitting, walking, forward bend, side bend, chest openers, turns and combinations),
- The Yoga Principles (philosophy and history) workshop,
- And Bandhas, Mudras, Pranayamas and Meditation.
- Have gained an intrinsic understanding of how to be a good teacher, from projecting your voice, to holding space, to when to speak and when not, how to teach multiple levels of students in one class, how to weave spiritual themes into your classes and how to get vast amounts of info into one class without overloading your students.
- You will be able to inspire your students, no matter their experience level or style.
- You will have taught many, many, many classes
- and much more… see below for a link to the detailed course content.
I'm a Complete Beginner, Can I
Join the Teacher Training?
Yes, it’s possible. Let me explain.
Firstly, in the two months here, as you understand and practice teaching the postures, your own body will open significantly and your practice level will increase.
You will understand how to do postures for yourself first, then you will learn how to teach them. Postures you might not be able to do yet, you will still learn to teach, together with the ways of how to prepare and open your (and your students’) body to slowly move towards the postures you’re aiming for.
When you then start to teach in the world out there, I recommend start teaching a class that is equal to your level or below. Why not a beginners class? Or a “6 weeks to deeper backbends or open hips”? You’ll be comfortable doing the postures yourself, and the world needs more true beginners classes. They are so rewarding to teach, as often postures are not really explained in most classes.
Then over time, you can add other postures as your body opens and your level increases. I usually don’t recommend teaching postures that your body is not able to demonstrate comfortably yet, unless you’re in a private class, i.e. a one on one, where it is sometimes possible to ‘coach’ somebody specifically with their own body. You will also learn how to do that here.
So be welcome to join us.
Daily Teacher Training Schedule
|6 AM||Wake Up|
|1030-1230 PM||Class/Lecture/Students Teaching|
|2:30-3:30||Group subject discussion \Reading\ Review of taught topics for in depth understanding|
Self-Study, Homework, Class or Teaching Preparation
|5:30-6||Self-Practice (speaking out loud)|